The 4 Most Dangerous Words in Personal Finance
"I'll do it when..."
Unfortunately, these 4 words are the source of many headaches and frustrations in people's financial lives.
Starting to invest - "I'll do it when I have enough money"
Building a budget - "I'll do it when I have time"
Creating a will - "I'll do it when I'm ready"
Addressing taxes - "I'll do it when it's time"
Luckily, all it takes to completely flip the script and gain confidence in your money is removing one word - "when".
By being proactive and addressing tasks head on, you begin to remove anxiety and uncertainty around whatever you're doing.
And personal finance isn't the only part of life where this is true.
How many times have you thought about starting a diet or working out or building a new habit and think to yourself, "I'll do it next week"..
I'm guilty of this myself and I don't know why it's so hard to push through that initial resistance and just start something immediately.
But from my experience, "I'll do it when..." usually results in a feeling of:
"I wish I would've done it sooner"
What small action could you take today that will set you up for a better tomorrow?
- Reviewing March's spending
- Opening an investment account for easy future contributions
- Turning on an automated recurring transfer to your savings account
- Identifying one thing you LOVE spending money on, and identifying one thing you could stop spending money on
- Requesting a credit limit increase to lower your credit utilization
Just keep swimming,
Treyton DeVore, Certified Digital Asset Advisor™